Friday, February 1, 2008

Introduction

I'd like to introduce myself for those of you who don't know who I am. My artist name is Skip Noah. My real name is Daniel Myers, I acquired the nickname Skip in elementary school. I started painting around 1992/1993 and I would sign my paintings as 'Skip' most of the time. I decided to go with an artist pen name in 2000. I picked Noah after the character Noah in Genesis who saved all the animals. I currently sign my pieces with 'Skip Noah' and go by that name for my art.

I've taught myself how to draw and paint. When I was a kid I would trace cartoon characters on a light up tracing machine my parents got me. Years later when I was in my early 20s I decided to start painting. I showed at a gallery in Deep Ellum called Vincent's Ear. They soon closed down and I didn't seek any other gallery shows.

In 1996 I met my amazing soon-to-be wife Nikki, and she encouraged me to try and show my artwork again. I submitted my artwork to a gallery called the Deep Ellum Center for the Arts. They offered me a dual show with another artist. After that I started showing regularly at various galleries.

Thats the artistic side of me in a nutshell. You can always see more of my work on my website. I will be posting a lot of my past work on this blog so I can go more in depth about the paintings, the stories behind the paintings, post images of sketches before the paintings were created, and so on.

No comments: