Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3 drawings about 3 places


The first of these is a drawing of Sedona, Arizona. I drew this from our hotel balcony when we stayed there in 2007. The view shows the green valley, the river, the birds flying around and the orange rocky peaks towering over the patchwork of green. I also drew a shadow with 3 heads to represent myself, my wife and our daughter walking in the valley.




The drawing above is of a section of Dallas I use to hang out in a lot called Deep Ellum. Deep Ellum has a lot of clubs, bars, tattoo parlors and so on. I drew the scene as if it were the year 1992 since that represents a year I was always down there.


The last of these 3 drawings is of New York City. This shows a typical midday pedestrian scene. Even though the subway entrance sign says 4th street, the image I based this on was midtown, at 34th and 8th ave near where I used to work.

(You can click on any of the images to see a more detailed view.)

No comments: