Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring

I will be participating in an exhibit titled Fresh Faces, which runs from May 1 - June 5 at the Bath House Cultural Center in Dallas. I created a piece for this show titled "Interrupted while constructing my chrysalis". Its a piece that shows a woman building a chrysalis around her, hidden away in some room or basement. Someone is walking down the stairs interrupting her work. The original idea for this was going to be a green misanthrope style lady, but the work evolved on its own into this idea.



May 15th and 16th I will have some artwork included in the 5X7 Exhibition and Fundraiser for the Arthouse at the Jones Center in Austin. My first artwork to be shown here in Austin. I created 2 untitled pieces for the fundraiser that I am donating to the Arthouse. One is a man holding 2 doves. The idea for this painting was created while watching a documentary on Tesla. Toward the end of his life he loved feeding the pigeons of NYC, and had a favorite white one. Tesla was a brilliant man and his love for animals persuaded me to respect him even more. The other is an abstract of Nikki. The colors remind me of the way Ladybird Lake smells early in morning. There is a certain blue-green smell that is nice when you are close enough to the lake the wind blows your direction. These paintings are small, which was interesting to work on canvas that small.




My art will be included in the publication Moulin Review, Vol. 2 and Vol.3. Im looking forward to seeing my artwork in these publications, and reading the stories and poetry by others as well.

We bought our first home and are currently moving so I will be taking a break for a while. We are staying in Austin but moving to the South-West section, which has more of a hill country flavor about it. I think when I do start my art up again I will be creating some scenes from the hill country.

No comments: